This is fresh information. I haven't even talked about it on Philosophizings yet.
I've mentioned my hope of going to London before. It's my answer when I'm asked what I plan to do when I graduate. I don't know if it will happen or not.
What's my plan when I graduate? Pack up my belongings and move out of my sweet flat in the city. Stay with a friend for a week or two then go work out in Colorado for the summer. Come back for a month (crash somewhere) or so then leave in September for eleven months in London.
That's the macro-view of my plan. It leaves out little things like where I will store what I can't take on my trips, what I will do with my car, the money that will have to come in to pay for London...
But it's okay. Remarkably, I'm not worried about what will happen. In any case, it will be okay.
I will be learning more about the feasibility of going to London soon. I have a phone interview early next month, which should be a good indicator if this trip would be possible for me. If it's meant to be, it will work.
Why London? It's hard to explain. I have so many things that I want to do with my life. This is one of them.
The organization that I am looking into going with is called London City Mission. I specifically want to go on their Gap Year program. At least I think I do. I will know better after I have talked to one of their staff.
This is simply something I need to do. And I think that I can do some good there.
I love it. And would definitely approve!
ReplyDeleteI think that if someone is going to travel for an extended period of time, it would be worth it to the work of the Lord, especially since it is by His Will you will get everything you need to go over there! Doing missions work (especially for that long) is such an AWESOME growth period as well! I know you will have a lot of fun, and will learn so much about yourself, and grow so much in the Lord! Keep me updated, let me know how I can help you in your outreach! And most of all, be in constant prayer about it all! He WILL direct your paths! All you have to do is TRUST with ALL your heart! :)