If you sit and think about it, I didn't name any prescribed activities for Monday afternoons. That's right. It's intentional. I am hereby dubbing Monday afternoons as days of expeditions and adventures.
I see this as a good thing for many reasons.
1) It will make me practice my boundaries by having to refuse offers of work or play for that block of time. That time is already spoken for. I'm adventuring.
2) It will give me time that I know is for me to use recreationally, specifically for doing things I always think of doing "sometime".
3) It will encourage me to get out and see and do things that I can do in Orlando but have never bothered to do.
I began this past Monday. Because of the holiday, I got to do something in the morning instead of the afternoon. I celebrated Martin Luther King Jr. by waking up early, driving to a little grassy park near downtown and waiting in the dark for the sun to rise.
Waking up early is the best. It's like you get to the day before anyone else did. You have the edge. I enjoyed it, I didn't get mugged even though I was alone. I concluded the trip with a stop at my favorite coffee and bagel shop. And I was home before nine.
No comments:
Post a Comment