Sunday, March 1, 2009

groceries

Funny the things that can be enjoyable. I hate shopping; truly I do. Malls usually leave me feeling utterly depressed and despondent. For some reason, though, I really like doing grocery shopping.

I probably like it because there's not much pressure, since I'm just shopping for myself. Most frequently, my trips include a hand-held basket so full by the end that I can hardly carry it (that is the kind of weight-lifting I do). But somehow I can manage to always having it come out to just plus or minus twenty dollars a trip, which is my weekly allotment for groceries.

Yesterday was a great trip. Everything I wanted seemed to be on sale, and I actually had time to cook and prepare things when I got home. Weekends, I'm telling you, dude.

My little basket included:

~ Bananas
~ A cucumber
~ Romaine lettuce
~ Strawberries
~ Ground beef
~ Tomatoes
~ Spicy hummus (it's the best!)
~ An onion
~ Yogurt
~ An orange
~ Frozen lemonade

{Inspired by yourwishcake's latest post}

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some perfect ingredients for an awesome smoothie, but I am kind of smoothie obsessed ;) (Not all of your items, mind you, would go in this smoothie!)

    ReplyDelete