Wednesday, July 1, 2009

holiday weekend wishlist

My fabulous former roommate, Kristi and I are headed to the western-most point of Florida for the holiday weekend: Pensacola. The land of the Blue Angels, uniforms, and military bases.

Pensacola is practically Alabama, which you can see from her parent's dock. A dock? Sweet haven, yes. Her parents have waterfront on a small bay there. When we were there for Thanksgiving a few years back, I dragged every willing body out of bed to watch the sun rise - beautiful.

Katie will already be there, along with their parents and grandma, and Kristi and I will join the throng.

I have a lot I'm working on now, plus holding down the fort while MB is off meeting her new grandbaby. I think the dog misses her mistress, and I'm a poor substitute. My goal: work hard for the next two days and then relax for a few, before picking up the stress for another month of so.

While I'm getting a mini vacation, I hope to get a few fun and a few necessary things accomplished.

- Read a whole book. Thinking about Who Moved my Cheese? but up for suggestions
- Start making support-raising phone calls
- Mail out all out-standing thank yous to supporters
- Apply for my London background check
- Develop some photo editing skills
- Blog a bit

What are your holiday plans? Anyone want to come to Pensacola?

No comments:

Post a Comment