Thursday, August 20, 2009

on the unpredictable.

I grew up in a highly structured house, for which I largely have my mother to thank, or blame, for (hi, mom!). Naturally, growing up that way, I figured that it was not only completely normal but also that it was the way the rest of the world also functioned.

It appears not. Now, being out on my own, I am constantly finding that if I want any structure, I must largely manufacture it for myself. The world is full of chaos but seeking order, perhaps?

Thankfully, things like jobs and classes aid in the breaking of time into units and provide basis building parameters of time. "Fixed" events help me schedule and manage my time better than a carte blanche day.

My car has been consuming the lion's share of my time, which is infuriating. But I must sell it, and I must invest the necessary time to do so. My week is hurriedly running out, though, and my room, though a mess, is most certainly not packed.

But I must have some boundaries! Packing must happen. I already have some mandatory errands, though, so I shall have to content myself with trying to devote half the day to my suitcases.

In the mean time, I'm trying to do this flexibility thing and at the moment am consoling myself with a break from the car and doing laundry while watching A&E's "Pride and Prejudice" (the only real version).

1 comment: