Sunday, August 30, 2009

those waking hours

Seems I quit my job to instead do the kind of work that you don't get paid for, 'cepting that I am raising support to send me to London (shout out to all of my ministry partners!). But I'm not going to lie folks, it's been kind of a trying week since I left Florida.

I love my family. It's nice to see them. But, um, I've been working on this London thing for just about a year now, and I'm uber-anxious to finally get there.

My half-packed suitcases, temporary bedding, refusal to unpack my suitcases are all testament to the temporary situation. I'm kind of in denial too. I've been cycling through a minute portion of my wardrobe, just because I want to pull out as little as possible. This is, of course, completely irrational, because one day this week, I'm going to have to throw everything out of the two suitcases and repack from the bottom-up.

Oh, and my airline now only lets you bring two 50lb bags internationally, instead of the old 70 lb rule, so I'll be forced to whittle down my wish-list of belongings to be bring to London. I did just get a hiking backpack as a late graduation present (thanks, Mom and Dad!) that should meet the specifications for a carry-on bag. That should help.


But I've had some fun too. We spent Saturday and some of this morning down at my paternal grandparents' place on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The trip was complete with crabs for lunch on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment