The days are super-short now. I guess that happens when you don't live right above the equator. Seriously, though, we had the time change on Saturday night. Now dusk is about four-thirty and it's dark by five pm.
The Royal Mail strikes one or two days a week recently. I did get some "post" today, so that was exciting. I need to send out a card to my sweet former roomie who turns twenty-four at the end of the week (it might get there a little late Brenna, because of me not because of the strikes, hopefully).
Discipline is forever dogging me. The worst part is that it's not some elusive virtue, it's me having to choose to what my best intentions would have me do. It's choosing to do the better thing, even in the small things. And I think the small things might actually be the big things.
I am coming home for Christmas. Originally, I bought my ticket for December, thinking I could change if I were unable to tear myself away from the wonderful city, but now I am really glad that I will be able to go back to the US and be able to spend Christmas with my family. And "go shopping" in my own closet and change up my wardrobe over here.
Today I am on day duty- the day where a team member stays at the flats, cleans up the place and cooks dinner for everyone. I really like this day. Cleaning is usually fun (at least for geeks like me), and I am embracing the challenge of cooking a complete meal for several people. Tonight there is supposed to be a crowd- 15 people- yikes!
But I'm doing the girly-Betty Crocker thing and looking up recipes and recording what I make and trying to be creative. I even bought a little cookbook the other day. Hey, it was only two pounds. I'm keeping it simple and delicious tonight. Plain, banana, and chocolate chip pancakes with eggs and potato wedges.
I am both thrilled and impressed.
ReplyDeleteoh, also, I see your blog got...smoother, less ornate, something... how are you? we are well. It is hot and the days are still long. Work has been, well, work. Brian is slightly healthier. I am having some kind of decorating addiction lately. And am going to try to make anthropologie style aprons. I think. If it works, maybe I can send you one.
ReplyDelete