So here I am, in the UK for just over a month.
I have a flat, 2 flatmates, and 10 housemates. I have a 40 hour work week, a small collection of clothes to keep me warm in this increasingly cold weather. It doesn't feel like home yet.
I love the river Thames. I love the Queen's Walk. I am knitting, and I reading books for recreation again. Currently, reading Vanity Fair (Sarah would be so proud of me). I know how to make cappuccinos and lattes. I am trying not to drink too of such, as we make them with whole milk. I still will probably whiten my teeth when I come home for Christmas.
I am working on my goals for the year, trying to grow and learn in practical matters and the transcendent.
I like it here, most days. The food has been mostly good; I still miss my old norms. I can't wait for Thanksgiving (is that random). The Americans on the team are planning on doing it up right.
What I've been thinking about today: What does it look like for me to be the best possible person I can with where I am right now?
No comments:
Post a Comment