I have begun to understand the British affinity for hot tea.
It was cold, windy, and rainy on Sunday afternoon. But I had my lucky black boots on, which makes my feet impervious to rain.
I was heading home from central London, waiting for my bus. Several buses approached my stop simultaneously, and my bus instead of waiting for the first bus to pull out, did a half-hearted slow-down before whizzing away without new passengers.
I was too frustrated and cold and stubborn to sit and wait for fifteen minutes for the next one. So I decided to punish myself and just walk the whole way back.
As I fought torrid winds on London Bridge, all I could think about was how nice it would be to get home out of the wind and rain and sit down with a nice cup of tea.
For some reason this post gives me warm fuzzies! :) Sorry you had to endure such conditions, hope you were able to find a warm cup of tea in the end!
ReplyDelete