Today, I was a work. I was getting ready to mop. I plugged in my ipod and started playing one of my favorite pod subscriptions. I yelped as soon as it started and ran to find someone to tell.
It was feature-length piece on an American family who had gone to Indonesia to translate the Bible. And I knew them! It was a couple from Wycliffe, and some of you may know, I worked for Wycliffe last year as I finished university.
So exciting! After I had gotten someone to share my excitement, I went back to mopping and got to hear Sue tell her story of working among the Berik people of Indonesia.
Later, when I got home, I got to email and fb all my Wycliffe friends and tell them that I'd heard the pod.
The show is called "The World in Words" and is run by this guy named Patrick Cox as a co-production of the BBC's "The World", as they tell you on the pod. Anyway, it's really interesting and all about language, linguistic politics, and language change.
No comments:
Post a Comment