I really want to read this book Outliers.
When I went to email someone to ask if they had it, I wanted to refer to the author as well, and I couldn't remember his name. This is so frustrating, because I knew it.
As usual, I was appalled at the retrieval area of my memory. I told myself sit there until it came to me instead of googling the author. How will my brain ever learn otherwise? It probably took a full three minutes.
As I sifted through the possibilities, I wrote them down to help myself recall his name.
I feel like it's a really weird way to remember something (I remember learning this an off-beat philosophy of language class), but it has helped me in the past.
Redman
Dave Redman
David Sedaris
Malcolm
Malcolm Doyle
Malcolm
Malcolm Gladwell
Malcolm Gladwell.
You are so disciplined, Rachel. Ha! My fingers would have waged war and beaten my head by utilizing my "favorites tab" with muscle memory and simply GOOGLING it. But then, we all have our areas of weakness. :D
ReplyDelete