Friday, January 16, 2009

Interview with Rachel Liz

1. Why a new blog?
I love my original blog, Philosophizings from the Flat. I like what it does, but I also had other things I wanted to blog about, outside of the scope of Philsophizings.

2. So your name must be Rachel? Indeed. I have no clever ideas for a nom-de-plume. Feel free to suggest one.

3. So how old are you exactly?
Currently, 21. But next month, I move onto the dignified 22.

4. And what are you up to?
Ah. I'm finishing university in May and then hoping to move to London in the fall. That's plan a number one, but you never know. I have lots of ideas, and I'm excited to start crossing things off my list.

5. What are some of your favorite blogs?
Top on my list right now are Coast to Coast, Miss Marie, Your Wishcake, Holy Experience, and Unruly Things.

6. Why do you blog?
Beyond absolutely loving it, I just feel the need to do it. I keep notebooks and journals and lists, but I really like this medium, and there is just something that writing does for me that doesn't get met any other way. Besides, blogs can be so pretty.

7. Do you think that online social applications like blogger, wordpress, facebook, etc. actually serve to lessen interpersonal interaction and real life interactions with friends?
No.

8. Why the name "Mythopoetic"?
I first came to know the word when reading about J.R.R. Tolkien's work and studies with literature. It means giving rise to myths. Or the creation of myths. I am very interested in literature, literature, philology, and the relationship between story, myth, and reality. So the word represents all that for me. Besides that, I just thought it could be charming name for a blog.

9. What are your goals for Mythopoetic?
Readership. Excellence. Sponsors.

10. Anything else you'd like to tell us?
This might fit up under question six, but I just wanted to expound on my reasons/intentions for this blog. By creating we are mimicking our Creator and living out a vital part of our experience as humans. This is just one way that I feel I can add to the creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment