I don't particularly relish them. I don't mind a mild cold or so now and then, though. Keeps me humble and reminds me that I'm not invincible. My cold has just hit the one-week mark though, so I'm getting to the point that it's not okay anymore.
Yes, I know, colds normally run seven to ten days, though. It better be the storm before the sunrise, though, because I'm particularly feeling it today. My plan for the afternoon: sit on the couch and occupy myself with books, blogs, sleeping, and maybe a movie.
I even have started taking cold medicine. I hate taking drugs whenever they're not completely necessary. I almost never take Tylenol. But when your sleep, which is supposed to make you get better, gets harder because of your cold, I see the wisdom. And sure, I can go to work with a cold, but the guests probably like it better when they can't see me coughing all over the place. So I'm the proud owner of night-time and daytime cold medicine currently.
"The truth was that Anne was the victim of a very severe and very unromantic cold in the head." - Anne of Windy Poplars
I hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteI am just like you, rarely taking so much as an asprin. Something hit me recently, and I caved to taking NyQuil for the purpose of a solid sleep...I think it helped.
Maybe some hot tea and chicken noodle soup will soothe you?
Hopefully you were able to get some good reading in today....I would have been napping!