Friday, February 27, 2009

wonderful weekends

I get off work at 4:30. I work all week and I don't work on weekends (unless I pick up random jobs). Thus, I get unadulterated weekends!

A friend and I sometimes muse about the balance between resting and laziness. When I have finished hammering out my opinion on the matter, I plan to philosophize on it. What I know now is I work very hard with work and school work during the week, and the abrupt drop-off of scheduled responsibilities starting Friday night is wonderful.

Even if I end up doing cleaning, doing bit of homework, or doing laundry, it's great. Last weekend, I hosted a little breakfast party for a visiting out-of-town guests and mutual friends (I adore breakfast). Eggs and bacon, baby.

This is how my weekend is shaping up:

- Running in this sunniness after work (signed up for a 5k in March! A bit nervous; been a while)
- Dinner with two old friends
- Attending a Saturday morning budgeting class with one of my bestest friends
- Seeing my brother if I can possibly help it
- Homemade blueberry scones, if I wake up early Sunday morning

1 comment:

  1. Blueberry scones sound amazing! Enjoy your peaceful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete