Tuesday, April 7, 2009

appreciation

I'm kind of grumpy this morning. My personal term for this state is "disgruntled", but not everyone knows what I mean when I say this.

It started this morning when my alarm went off. Usually, I shut it off, stretch and awake up for exactly two minutes and then bound out of bed. This morning, I couldn't will myself up until ten minutes after it had gone off.

When I ventured out of the bedroom's double doors, the wonderful feature that gives Bethany and I extra privacy, every little thing annoyed me. That one roommate had left the couch disheveled, the lamp wasn't working, and, disastrous of all, my already-prepared breakfast was missing.

The evidence of me making it last night was there, so I'm not psychotic, but it was gone. Either I slept-walked and ate it in my sleep or someone else ate it or I was dillustional in my search this morning and I'll find it stuffed somewhere when I get home. Weird in any case. I'm usually very methodical.

Funny of our (my) state of being well relies so incredibly much of schedule and detail and how one or two things can derail me for the entire day. Don't tell me humans aren't fragile!

In tandem with my feeble efforts to manage my own life, here is my plan to get me back on a smooth mental/emotional course for the rest of the day:

:: Work hard.

:: Go running after work and before class if I can possible manage it

:: Work on my support letter for London

:: Read The Hobbit on my lunch break. I finally borrowed it from the university library!

:: Think about happy things like french brackets, typed words, and sylfaen and georgia fonts.

No comments:

Post a Comment