I can't say that my life is particularly challenging daily. Thankfully, I'm incredibly blessed and many realms of my life work pretty smoothly. Upsets and just change, even minor, challenge me. Unfamiliar things kind of upset me, until I have "conquered" them.
I dislike my level of discomfort with the unknown. Lately, I have been working on keeping rational even through uncharted events. As my roommate says, "What's the worst that can happen?" Usually it's not that bad. And what I have to fear anyway. In communication, they call it a need for 'uncertainty reduction'.
I'm learning all sorts of great things and conquering new territory. What are some of these firsts? Changed a headlight all by myself. Got my eyebrows waxed; no tweezers for a good long while now! Got rearended for the first time. Dealing with insurance companies by myself. Driving a rental car (scared to death) for the first time.
And I just met Steve Saint. That counts, right? It's the first time that I met him. He's the son of Nate Saint, the famous missionary pilot who was killed by Waordani indians several decades ago. Maybe you've heard of End of the Spear? It's a really good movie and tells about those four men.
I really don't know of anyone who likes change. At least you can conquer, though, and become stronger!
ReplyDelete