The Hobbit. It's strange. I've had this craving to read it for a few months, but the pangs haven't been great enough for me to take any action to acquire a copy. Today, it's killing me. I must get my hands on a copy asap.
It's detrimental to ignore these sorts of urges. You could permanently damage your psyche or lose some brilliant blossom of an idea that is yet unrealized. Or so I find.
I love that book. I have the utmost respect for JRR Tolkien, and I suppose that you could call me a moderate fan of The Lord of the Rings (geekish, I know), but I'm more a fan of the brilliant author and the genius of his linguistic crafts.
I am very familiar with The Lord of the Rings books, though I've never read any of the three in their entirety. But I've read The Hobbit. I really like it. It's shorter, lighter, and more "happy" than the other three seem. I like how it's one complete story in one book, instead of a massive and complex story spread throughout three books.
It's a great adventure story and the good English it's written in along brings enough pleasure to merit a read. Anybody wanna lend me their copy?
.excerpt.
"'What do you mean?' he said. 'Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you fee good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?'" - The Hobbit
You can borrow my copy but I have a feeling you can get your hands on one more in your vicinity. I love book cravings. Like a fine wine or rich dessert. Sometimes you just feel the ache for that. one. book. Hope you find it soon and enjoy adventures in Middle Earth.
ReplyDeleteBtw, have you ever heard of this fabulous modern invention called a library? ;-) Pretty sure they'd have The Hobbit.
I have it if you want it! I LOVE The Hobbit!! A great book!
ReplyDelete