Monday, February 9, 2009

7am phone calls

Can any of you suggest a good location for an important, early morning phone conversation? I don't want to wake my roommates.

Tomorrow I have a phone interview. It is with the small nonprofit organization that I might go to London with in the fall (see my previous post). When they emailed me about a time for a phone interview, they asked for "2 pm UK time". Since, I have learned that there is usually a six hour time difference between the UK and Eastern Standard Time (I don't know if they do daylight savings time).

I still have to work tomorrow, so I asked that they call me at 1 pm UK time, which is 7 am my time. That way, I don't have to come in more than an hour late for work.

I'd rather leave my house, lest my booming voice wake the roomies. A public place would have to be reasonably private and reasonably quiet. I already asked to come in late to work, and I'd rather not hole up somewhere there to talk so early.

Panera? McDonald's (hey, they have good coffee)? Starbucks? I'd prefer to be inside so I can have my papers around me. In any case,

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, I'll bet you can find a quite corner at panera.. or maybe barnes & noble even! Hope your phone call goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Often times libraries have study rooms that you can use....but I don't know if your library is close or if it is open that early. Sorry, I don't have any other good ideas!!

    Good luck, either way, though!

    ReplyDelete